Global Business - International Trade
Miramar has a vibrant business community involved in a variety of industries, including those with an international presence.
Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ)
Foreign-trade zones are designated sites licensed by the Foreign-Trade Zones (FTZ) Board at which special customs procedures may be used. These procedures allow domestic activity involving foreign items to take place prior to formal customs entry. Duty-free treatment is accorded items that are re-exported and duty payment is deferred on items sold in the U.S. market, thus offsetting customs advantages available to overseas producers who compete with producers located in the United States.
In Broward County, Port Everglades (FTZ #25) and Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport (FTZ #241) are the designated FTZs and the city encourages its businesses to make use of either one as appropriate for their operations.
- Small Business Association (SBA): The Office of International Trade's mission is to enhance the ability of small businesses to compete in the global marketplace.
- World Trade Center: The World Trade Center provides assistance and guidance to businesses involved in internal trade. Services include a global computer network and trade lead database, access to World Trade Centers around the globe, trade shows and trade missions.
1007 N America Way
Miami, FL 33132
Email World Trade Center
- Export / Import Bank: The Export / Import Bank is responsible for assisting the export financing of U.S. goods and services through a variety of loan guarantee and insurance programs. Get information about export credit insurance, pre-export financing through working capital guaranteed loans, medium and long-term guarantees, and long-term loans to overseas buyers. Information also is available about Export-Import Bank training seminars, export marketing procedures, overseas markets, how to start an export business and general country information.
811 Vermont Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20571
- U.S. Department of Commerce
P.O. Box 590570
5600 NW 36th Street
Miami, FL 33159
- Enterprise Florida: Enterprise Florida's Division of International Trade and Development helps Florida companies identify potential export markets. It markets Florida internationally as a premier location for doing business and as a gateway to the Caribbean and South American markets. Foreign companies interested in locating in Florida can also get help and information from this agency.
- Broward County: The Broward County Office of Economic and Small Business Development (OESBD) is primarily responsible for enhancing the economy of Broward County by recruiting new industry, supporting existing industries, and creating new value-added employment opportunities for residents.
Office of Economic and Small Business Development
115 S Andrews Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
Sister Cities International (SCI) is a nonprofit citizen diplomacy network that creates and strengthens partnerships between communities in the United States and those in other countries. The City of Miramar is a member of SCI and has an active program led by an advisory board that makes recommendations to the elected officials on potential partnerships. For more information on the city’s program, contact